21 June, 2008

Avec Eric

It's no secret that I have a culinary crush on Eric Ripert. Honestly, if I'm going to be stranded on a desert island, he would be on my "who would you bring?" short list. After all, I could close my eyes and listen to him talk, and then open my eyes to eat whatever he cooks for me!


Eric has a blog that I have now added to our blog roll, with some entries that include videos called "Get Toasted," all about cooking for one (or two) in the toaster oven. Of course, his toaster oven of choice costs nearly $300... but think of the money you would eventually save on electricity by not heating an entire oven!

2 comments:

Janette said...

Love him!Too bad he doesn't have his own show but since he doesn't specialize in 30 minute semi homemade meals while wearing ridiculous bowling shirts, wrist bands and bling the odds are slim. (That was an all encompassing slam against Rachel Ray, Sandra Lee and Guy Fieri just in case you don't watch much of the Food Network.) I wish FN would do more shows with "serious" chefs but I guess there's not much market for that anymore.

...plus that man is just damned ummy to look at.

Janette said...

ummy=yummy though I suppose ummy works fine.